I love playing around with makeup, no surprise there! And over the years I’ve picked up a couple of what I would considering interesting tips, as well as some painful lessons on what not to do. So I figured why not share what I’ve learnt thus far. I’ve labeled this post #1, cause I’m sure I will pick up more to share along my journey into becoming that crazy lady with all that makeup 🙂
- Use moisturiser as a makeup remover, it works exceedingly well. Often even against some types of waterproof mascara. I use my eye cream with a cotton bud to remove any eyeliner or mascara I missed after my normal makeup removal regime. Clean and moisturising! Just be careful not to get any into your eyes, trust me, it stings 🙁
- Don’t be afraid to use your fingers to apply your makeup. Not only will you generally waste less product (especially with foundations), but depending on the product the application can be smoother too. I always use my fingers to apply tinted moisturiser and any very liquid foundations.
- Water + Dark eyeshadows = Great eyeliner!
- Primer is love, especially eye shadow primer. Be wary, not all primers last all day, the only ones that have worked for me and last over 12+hrs have been Urban Decay and MAC Paints.
- Don’t bothering buying all sorts of different coloured lipsticks if you need to only use say… purple for one day. Mix your pigments / eye shadows into some clear gloss / vaseline and you’re good to go! Just make sure to use a generous amount of pigment, else the formula will turn out streaky.
- Don’t apply cream blush with your fingers on powder foundation, it doesn’t blend well at all. Comes off looking very streky.
- Don’t be surprised if you need a darker pigmented blush when wearing powder foundation, my usual lighter blush didn’t even show up!
- When using pigments or face powders, wear an old shirt or have something to cover your clothes. There is a very high chance you will dust some on yourself.
- When you use tanning moisturiser for your arms and legs, don’t forget things like… oh! Your feet and hands!!
If you guys have any please do share! I love learning new things 🙂 There really should be a community database with this sort of stuff, shouldn’t there? Unless there already is in which case, where is it!?