Today I have a special guest for you, my mother! When Naive Beauty offered to send me some under eye algae masks to combat puffy bags under the eyes I initially was about the decline because I (thankfully *touch wood*) do not suffer from puffy under eyes.
But then I remembered, my mother does and is constantly scouting for help in this area. Keep in mind my mother is 63 years old! Personally I think she looks fabulous for her age, but then again people always think she’s much younger than her actual age 🙂 (I hope it’s genetic!!) My mum has always been a skin care junkie, so she was quite excited to take part in my experiment when I asked her to try these eye masks 🙂
These are some of her comments:
- You need to lie down when wearing these masks, because they keep slipping off my face!
- The eye masks feel cooling upon application and feel very comfortable.
- I found a slight difference after 30 minutes, the puffiness seems to have gone down a bit, but not completely.
- This is not a mask you can wear whilst doing work, but it is something nice to do occasionally when you want a 30 minute break.
- It’s a nice to have, but not a must. The difference isn’t huge enough for me to lie around for 30 minutes during the day.
The proof is in the photos (those the after shot is a bit blurry, my fault sorry 🙁 ), I was surprised that there was any difference at all (I have a very pessimistic view on eye creams / treatments in general), so it was a pleasant surprise and I’m glad my mum enjoyed it.
Overall, these aren’t the magical cure to puffy eyes so if you want something that gets rid of them completely keep searching (or get surgery?) but it’s a nice thing to do when you’ve got the time and want a minor change.
You get a pack of 10 pairs for $27.00AU from Naive Beauty, which isn’t too bad~ I may be tempted to give these a shot the next time I manage to wake up with bad eye circles thanks to lack of sleep 😮